Welcome Back RPS Team;
I hope everyone has had the opportunity to enjoy relaxing times with family and friends over the summer break. Whether a staycation, traveling abroad, at the beach or simply in the park, the time was well deserved. Ideally, one should be well-Rested, Rejuvenated, and Ready to kick-off the 2022/2023 school year! So the question is, are you READY?
This year’s teaching and learning experiences will continue to stretch our creativity. I remain confident that our planned efforts will impact Every Student, Everyday in this upcoming school year. Below is a glimpse of some of the things on the horizon:
A SNAPSHOT of What’s New in our Schools/ District:
- Expanded district safety and Security Protocols across the district
- Updated curriculum across all content areas
- Expanded instructional resources to meet the academic needs
- Updated phone systems
- Updated copiers across the district
- New technology tools to support teaching/learning
- New S.T.E.A.M. Initiatives
- Facility upgrades and renovation across the district
Initiatives @ a Glance:
- Before/After care services for elementary schools
- Increased academic support for students
- Expanded targeted Professional Development for teachers/staff
- Instructional coaches to support teaching and learning across all schools
- Active members of League of Innovative Schools/ED21 Networks
- Expanded social emotional supports for students/staff
- And much, much more!!
We are excited to share the RPS Strategic Plan: Vision 2027 efforts with our entire school community. As such, as we prepare for the district staff’s return on Thursday, September 1st staff will report to their respective schools. Additionally, on Friday, September 2nd we will meet at Abraham Clark High School for the Superintendent’s Convocation beginning promptly at 8:35 a.m. (in person). During this time, the leadership team and I will have an opportunity to highlight our priorities in the upcoming school year.
We also have very robust district goals this year. Each of these goals will serve as priority areas throughout the 2022/2023 SY which will be shared at the convocation and at your respective buildings/department meetings.
Most importantly, this session will serve as a platform for everyone to embark upon this journey together as a team to support teaching and learning on the road ahead. It will also afford all staff with the opportunity to garner a greater understanding of the increased safety protocols and measures that we are implementing.
Finally, my evolving theme this year is “EXCELLENCE THROUGH EQUITY, as we focus on meeting the social, emotional, and academic needs of our very diverse school community. This focus will ensure that we, as a school district, provide EQUITABLE access to resources and experiences for ALL students.
So as we proceed on this new academic journey, we must continue to ensure that our efforts emphasize that “All Students Matter” and we stay committed to “Every Student Everyday” as we connect our efforts to our “WHY.” | Document
Dr. Nathan L. Fisher
Superintendent of Schools