Welcome Back RPS Community;
I hope everyone has had the opportunity to enjoy relaxing times with family and friends over the break, whether at home, the beach or simply in the park. Ideally, everyone is well-rested, rejuvenated, and ready to kick-off the 2021-2022 school year! So the question is, are you READY?
This year’s teaching and learning experiences will continue to stretch our creativity. I remain confident that our planned efforts will impact every student, everyday in this upcoming school year. Below is a glimpse of what is on the horizon:
A SNAPSHOT of What’s New in our Schools/ District:
- Updated curriculum across all content areas
- Expanded instructional resources to meet the academic needs
- New technology tools to support teaching/learning
- Air purifiers in every classroom/large space throughout the district
- Modulars classes added at all 3 elementary schools w/ the return of Pre-K to our school buildings
- New office space for our Office of Special Services
- Facility upgrades and renovations across the district including Field Lighting
Initiatives @ a Glance:
- Increased academic support for students
- Expanded targeted professional development for teachers/staff
- Instructional coaches to support teaching and learning
- Expanded social emotional supports for students/ staff
- And much, much more!!
We are excited to share our updated RPS Safe Return to Learn efforts with our entire school community. As such, as we welcomed everyone back on September 7th we saw enthusiastic scholars and families as they entered all of our schools.
Additionally, we have very robust district goals this year. Each of these goals will serve as priority areas throughout the 2021/2022 SY which will be shared at your respective schools.
Most importantly, as everyone embarks upon this journey together as a school community to support teaching and learning in the new normal, we remain optimistic. We are committed to ensure that all safety protocols and measures across the school district adhered to throughout the pandemic. Information related to how we will address the ongoing safety concerns due to the pandemic can be reviewed on our website.
Finally, my evolving theme this year is “EVERY STUDENT EVERYDAY”, as we focus on meeting the social, emotional, and academic needs of our very diverse school community. This focus will ensure that we as a school district, we provide EQUITABLE access to resources and experiences for ALL students.
So as we proceed on this new academic journey, we must continue to ensure that collectively our efforts emphasize that “All Students Matter” and we stay committed to “Every Student Everyday!”
Dr. Nathan L. Fisher
Superintendent of Schools